We're brainstorming ways to refine the Dragon Balls, from how they are acquired to the rewards they give, and we would love some input from you all.
Do you have any particular ideas about what the Dragon Balls should do and how they should be found? Should there be limits on their acquisition and/or rewards? Don't be shy, this is a no-judgement brainstorming session open to all.
1. Death should matter more, I believe there should be a cap to how many revivals you can get. 2-3 max maybe per person? While later on in the Manga/Anime it was forgotten I still think that mortality should matter more instead of just revivals undoing any damage permanently.
2. Guru/Kami should be able to increase the power of their Dragon Balls by some measure akin to how Spirit Bomb is upgraded. Via a cost of power-level/technique slots they should have the ability to modify the properties of their Eternal Dragon of choice. Whether it be wish potency , how many wishes they can make or if they're able to just repeat the same wish over again. However the flipside is they can only do one kind of upgrade to their Dragon Balls.
3. Killing Shenron/Porunga should have some kind of meaning, maybe forcing a cooldown of like a week or so before it can be wished upon again.
4. If not all the wishes are used up the cooldown for the return of the Dragon Balls should be made shorter.
Additional Note: Just some opinions, "should" isn't completely literal. I'm eager to hear differing opinions.
I know that there are obviously reasons behind the lack of this, but a way for potential Guardians/Gurus of planets other than Namek or Earth to create their own Dragon Balls (or at least something that rewards them for going through the motions to become a real guardian ala the Kami). I'm sure there is the worry of overpopulation of dragon balls, so idk.
Just thought it was worth mentioning, to see if anyone else had a better or more concise idea how it works.
Hey its Ed here, just gonna offer my onions on the subjecttt
In my opinion the problem with the use of the DBs isn't their potency, but their frequency of use. Very swiftly after some DEs have occurred, the DBs have seen use. I think the cooldown should just be a whole solid year, or at absolute minimum 8 months, 4 months is way too fast, especially when we have two working sets of DBs on site, which kinda puts a weird dampener of the threat of character mortality. Furthermore, if the cooldown of the DBs is increased, it gives people a chance to group up in the AL even more, putting a stop to the barren wasteland effect it tends to have, especially with the option to be active on your dead character for 7 months to collect the self-revive cheat key thingamabobs instead of waiting on DBs.
Another concern I've seen voiced is the fact that the DB hunts tend to include characters that are incredibly strong, now this isn't a bad thing by any means; as they should definitely be allowed to participate; the plot of the site is shared and should be inclusive after all— and thats the thing— lower leveled characters effectively can't do much 'sides get thwacked for their troubles. This predicament however requires a delicate balance and some in depth discussion; TLDR on this one is lower PL characters would greatly benefit from getting a chance to shine but higher PL characters shouldn't be shunned as a result.
Additionally, I think revival limits are not a good idea. These artifacts are supposed to be incredibly powerful. Thats their draw, the reward for overcoming the risks of the hunts; they should feel worth the trials. However, the trials in my opinion would serve better to be primarily narrative trials as per the DB challenges and IC plots regarding teams seeking them out and whoever it is they oppose. One very big concern I've noticed is the absolute drain that is rolling a DB that your character possesses, which is kind of nuts because yeah obviously you'd know you have it and where it is. For this I propose that if a ball that a character possesses is rolled by them, they can choose to immediately re-roll under some conditions depending on where the hunt has gotten to, inclusive of variables like how many DBs they have, how many are yet to be found at all, that sort of thing.
Honestly, I only have a single gripe with the DB hunt: people who do not have a radar and thus invest nothing into the hunt can just jump into an interruptible DB wish thread and potentially dominate it. The strong members of the forum can literally wait however long they want, invest nothing, and take over a wish thread, carving a path for the strong to get stronger. I think that's bollocks, in all honesty.
Some suggestions that could be made:
1) Have no wishes be interruptible unless it is a PL wish that will take one or more of the characters involved into Malus or if they are already in Malus. 2) Have interruptible wishes, but they can only be interrupted by people who have a dragon radar. 3) A wish can only be interrupted by characters who were already on the planet when the dragon balls become active (i.e. no leaving a planet and jumping into an Earth DB challenge thread a day prior.)
Jun 9, 2021 20:55:38 GMT -6
Yorick Sasaki: this site has a successor what in the hail
Mar 22, 2021 14:13:54 GMT -6
Amara: when i was a lad i ate four dozen eggs
Mar 13, 2021 22:12:28 GMT -6
Nashua: Hey, everyone, Dragon Ball Sparking, this site's successor, is now open for applications! Head on over there to join in on the new adventure! dbsparking.freeforums.net/